Etsy Shop!

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Linen, lace and old boots


My mojo finally returned from whatever sunny spot it was vacationing in...so in between spats with every sewing machine and serger in the house, I've actually been creating!
I have learned that yes, you really CAN made a garment without a serger.  I'm soooo spoiled...parts are ordered though...so I will win this battle!
My ruffler has gone missing....where in the heck could a ruffler get off to? 

I'm blaming the cats of course....some kitty joke so I can't make ruffled rosettes....

hiding under that dog will NOT save you....ok...it probably did...

Anyway...I've been dreaming of linen and lace to go with some boots that I got at the thrift store last week...had these cream legging that just needed finishing up....so this three piece ensemble is what came out of the sewing room today! Finally!


I've had this outfit in mind for a while now and I have to admit, it turned out exactly as I imagined...even without the sewing machines cooperating!

I love the silk embellishments, I actually burned the silk to give it a vintage tattered feel.

Now to decide whether to make a tank to go under it and leave the jacket open or make a closure for the jacket.....hmmm...antique brooch maybe??...choices...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!